Welcome to American Medical Equipment
American Medical Equipment is one of the leading providers of home medical equipment in Maryland with the biggest showroom in Baltimore County. We serve individuals, hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, rehabilitation and dialysis centers, home care agencies, and the Maryland MS Society.
American Medical Equipment is committed to providing high quality products and services in the great state of Maryland to those who need help maintaining independent living at home. Either you are in need of complex rehab wheelchair, power mobility scooter or just a manual wheelchair we are here, just a phone call away, ready to help.
What Makes Us Different
American Medical Equipment is one of the few companies that educates you in a complex world of rehab technology, customizes your home medical equipment (lift chairs, rehab wheelchairs, power mobility scooters, etc.), when necessary, and makes sure that your new mobility equipment works like a clock bringing your everyday life to a whole new level of comfort.
We work directly with you, your physician / therapist, and your Insurance to obtain authorization and funding. The mobility selection process is complex and, therefore, partnering up your physician / therapist throughout the evaluation process results in accurate, timely, and functional equipment that meets your needs.
American Medical Equipment has extensive experience working with clients with a wide range of complex conditions such as multiple sclerosis (MS), Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s, spina bifida, Cerebral Palsy (CP), stroke (CVA), hemiplegia, spinal cord injury (SCI), paraplegia, quadriplegia, brain injury, post-polio syndrome, muscular dystrophy, and others. We conduct wheelchair seating clinics and evaluations at Kernan Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, Kennedy Krieger and Johns Hopkins Hospital, National Rehabilitation Hospital (NRH), Sinai Hospital, George Washington University Hospital and many others.
We are different from our competitors, and below are the reasons why:
- Only High Quality Products
- Largest Showroom of Medical Equipment in Maryland
- Try Before you Buy
- Product Customization
- Rental Options (including our Rent-to-Purchase program)
- Quick Response (within 24 hours)
- On-time Delivery
- Free Replacement or Exchange
- Military & Veterans Discount available
- Knowledge of Insurance Coverage Policies & Best Practicies.
* Note: We accept all major insurances such as Medicare and Medicare HMOs, Medicaid and most Maryland Medicaid MCOs, BC/BS plans, Aetna Medicaid, Workers’ Compensation Insurance, and many others. Please contact us for more information or to ask about your specific insurance coverage.